Formby railway station is a railway station in the town of Formby, Merseyside, England.
Formby opened in 1848 as an intermediate station on the Liverpool, Crosby and Southport Railway. It became part of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway (LYR) on 14 June 1855 who took over from the (LCSR). The Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway amalgamated with the London and North Western Railway on 1 January 1922 and in turn was grouped into the London, Midland and Scottish Railway in 1923. Nationalisation followed in 1948 and in 1978 the station became part of the Merseyrail network’s Northern Line.