The rural station of Bescar Lane sits 4.5 miles East of Southport on the Wigan to Southport line. The station was opened on 9th April 1855 by the Manchester and Southport Railway Company and was later taken over by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway.
The location of the station which serves Scarisbrick does not encourage passenger usage as it is situated some distance from the centre of the village. Even the traditional station pub adjacent to the station has been converted into housing! The station once boasted a large goods yard serving the local farming community.