Upholland railway station serves the small town of Upholland in the southern Lancashire/Wigan boundary area of England. It is on the Kirkby branch line from Wigan Wallgate and means the service (which is provided by Northern, who also manage the station) runs through three counties on its journey from Wigan to Kirkby.
The original Upholland station was on a different site, opened by the Liverpool and Bury Railway on 20 November 1848, but closed four years later in 1852. The current station was originally called “Pimbo Lane Station”, and also opened on 20 November 1848. It was renamed “Up Holland” on 13 October 1900, and “Upholland” in 1902.
The station is unstaffed and has no permanent buildings left, other than basic shelters on each platform. Timetable posters and a pay phone provide train running information. Step-free access is available to the eastbound platform (via a steep ramp), but not for the westbound one (this can only be reached by a staircase from Pimbo Lane).