Blackpool Pleasure Beach station opened in April 1987 and was specifically built to serve the Pleasure Beach, Britain’s most visited theme park with in excess of six million visitors each year. The station is on the site of Burlington Road Halt which opened on 1st October 1913 and was served by a Railmotor service. Burlington Road Halt closed on 1st January 1949.
The station is at the south of Blackpool’s Golden Mile, 100 yards from the main entrance to the Pleasure Beach and close to the Sandcastle, an indoor water adventure park. It is also close to the South Promenade which has recently been upgraded as part of Blackpool’s sea defences and is home to a number of art installations such as the high tide organ.