Moss Side station serves a tiny hamlet situated between Kirkham and Lytham. The station is about two miles from Wrea Green, a traditional Lancashire village, where a village green, church and pub can be found.
The station opened on 16th February 1846 and was originally called Kirkham Road, this was later changed to Moss Side. The station closed in 1961 along with neighbouring Wrea Green. The station reopened on 21st November 1983, with the aid of a grant from Lancashire County Council.